“For us, the economic development of a country will only be effective if it is combined with social benefits for the country’s own people.” Haim Taib, Mitrelli Founder and President
Social Responsibility Policy
Operating in a responsible and sustainable manner is a way of life for us, at Mitrelli, and we strive to understand and respect the local cultural values and laws wherever we operate. We actively support initiatives in those communities where our employees live and work, encouraging our staff to contribute time and energy in leadership and other roles in community organizations.
We are committed to understanding, monitoring and managing our social, environmental and economic impact to enable us to contribute to the society’s wider goals of sustainable development. This commitment stems from our core Values and we aim to demonstrate it through our actions and within our corporate strategy, focused on:
- conducting business in a socially responsible and ethical manner;
- protecting the environment and the safety of people;
- supporting local communities, and;
- engaging, learning from, respecting and supporting the culture(s) within which we work.
In alignment with our Vision, we strive to ensure that all matters of corporate social responsibility (CSR) are considered and supported in our operations and administrative matters and are consistent with this policy. We are committed to being recognized as leading also in this field and recognize that in doing so we will add significant value for Mitrelli and for the communities it serves.
For years, we have operated in different fields, taking responsibility for implementation, management and training, aiming to transfer knowledge with a positive impact on the quality of life of the relevant populations. For us, the economic development of a country will only be effective if it is combined with social benefits for the country’s own people.
With that objective in mind, Mitrelli is the main sponsor of Fundação Arte e Cultura (Art and Culture Foundation) the organizational structure in place to effectively identify, monitor, and manage our corporate social responsibility commitment in Angola, one of Mitrelli’s target countries in Africa. The foundation has as its core the promotion of social integration of at-risk children, youth, and women, acting through the Educational Arts, Education, and Culture. Member of the Angolan Network of Social Responsibility, the foundation is also committed to act in the framework of the global Good Deeds Day Movement of which it is an active and founding partner in Angola.
Mitrelli is also a key player in the “Save A Child’s Heart Africa”, “Shalva”, and “Desert Stars” NGOs. Through the international impact investment and philanthropic Menomadin Foundation we expand our activities into other countries across the world.
In the framework of our CSR policy, we are committed to:
- Maintaining the highest standards of integrity and corporate governance practices in order to promote excellence in our daily operations and ensure reliability and compliance in our governance systems;
- Conducting our business in an open, honest, and ethical manner;
- Recognizing the importance of protecting and developing our human capital, as our number one asset;
- Advising our partners, contractors, and suppliers of our CSR Strategy, and working with them to achieve consistency with it;
- Measuring, auditing and tracking the performance of our CSR programs;
- Promoting a safe working environment, fostering safe working attitudes, and operating in an environmentally responsible manner;
- Being socially and environmentally conscious and active, operating in full compliance with the local laws and regulations regarding the ethical, corporate governance, labor, health and safety, and environmental compliance.